Testing at Lanier
For information about testing at Lanier, see the areas below for specific tests, as well as attachments in this page for testing calendars.
If you have any other questions, see the contact information of the individuals below.
Lanier High School Testing Contacts
Testing Clerk: Lora Butler #678-765-4773 (E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Assistant Principal – Assessments: Tara Seay #678-765-4048 (E-mail: email@example.com)
Assistant Principal – Gateway/AP Tests ONLY: Jaclyn Burrell #678-765-4066 (E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Click on this document link for the Lanier Testing Calendar for 2016-2017 (also linked below).
Specific Test Information
The PSAT will be administered on Wednesday, October 19, 2016. There is no make-up administration for students who are absent for testing. This test is an excellent preparation for this Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT), which is required by colleges and universities. Eleventh grade students must take the PSAT during their junior year in order to qualify for the National Merit Scholarship Program.The PSAT is administered free of charge to all sophomores at LHS. Juniors may register to take the PSAT for a $15 fee. Students who are Juniors at LHS can register for the PSAT through Mypaymentsplus.com. Those who wish to register, but are not students at LHS, will need to register through the Counseling Office at LHS.Return to Top
- http://sat.collegeboard.com Return to Top
- http://www.act.org Return to Top
Registration dates: Closed March 10, 2017
- All registration will be done online at www.mypaymentsplus.com (credit cards, debit cards, or e-checks).
- If a student does not currently have an account at MyPaymentsPlus, he/she has to set one up before registering.
- Registration is currently open and ends on March 10th.
- Every student must pay the $10 registration fee.
- Every student receives one free exam if they are enrolled in the class (paid for by GCPS).
- Exam fee for additional exams is $93.00 per exam (see additional F/R information below)
- Any student wishing to take an exam who is not enrolled in the class must pay $92 per exam, plus the registration fee.
- Any test ordered but not taken will cost the student an additional $15.
- Any student doing late testing for the following reasons must pay an additional $45 per exam (and see Mrs. Burrell):
- Academic contest or event
- Athletic contest or event
- Conflict with non-AP and non-IB exam
- Family commitment
- Other school event
**Free/Reduced (F/R) lunch students currently enrolled in AP classes must pay the $10 registration fee, however, the exams fees will be waived for any course in which they are currently enrolled.
See the above calendar for AP Test Dates.Return to Top
- Gateway Test
The Gateway is a county mandated test that must be passed to receive a diploma in Gwinnett County. It is a writing test in Social studies and Science. It is graded on knowledge of the subject and language arts writing skills. Gwinnett’s Gateway tests measure how well students are learning the Academic Knowledge and Skills (AKS). The Gateway tests are used in certain grades to determine whether or not students are prepared to go on to the next grade level. In addition, high school students must pass the high school Gateway to earn a diploma. For more information, visit this link: Gateway 2016-2017 Areas of FocusReturn to Top
- Georgia Milestone
The Georgia Milestones Assessment System (Georgia Milestones) is a comprehensive summative assessment pro?gram spanning grades 3 through high school. Georgia Milestones measures how well students have learned the knowledge and skills outlined in the state-adopted content standards in language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies. High school students will take an end-of-course assessment for each of the following courses designated by the State Board of Education:Students at the high school level will take an end-of-course assessment in the following ten courses:
- Language Arts
- Ninth Grade Literature and Composition
- American Literature and Composition
- Algebra I (Beginning Winter 2015)
- Geometry (Beginning Winter 2015)
- Coordinate Algebra
- Analytic Geometry
- Physical Science
- Social Studies
- United States History
- Economics/Business/Free Enterprise